How to prepare for a venous blood draw with Superdrug
Your test kit should include the following items
- 1 x Needle
- 1 x Register your Kit QR code
- Collection vial(s)
- 1 x Clear sample returns bag with absorbent pad
- 1 x Plaster
- 1 x Alcohol swab
- 1 x Cleansing wipe
- Vial labels(s)
- 1 x Returns envelope with label
- 1 x Lab requisition form
- 1 x Anti-tamper seal
WHEN TO COLLECT:
It is advised to take and post the test earlier in the week (Mon-Wed is ideal) to ensure the sample is as fresh as possible for the lab.
BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR TEST:
Register your kit online
Before you return your kit, it is important to register it to your Omnos account.If your kit is not registered our lab will be unable to process your sample.
In order to get the most accurate results you should fast for 8 hours in advance of taking the test. The easiest time to do this is in the morning, having fasted overnight.
You should also avoid caffeine for 12 hours and alcohol for 36 hours in advance of the test.
Make sure you're hydrated
Drink at least 500ml of plain water 1-2 hours prior to taking the test and 2-3l extra the day before the test as hydration can affect your results and how well blood will flow.
Make sure to keep warm prior to your blood test as this will help to speed up the procedure.
On day of taking the test
When you attend the clinic you must take your Omnos test kit with you (including the lab requisition form containing your unique Barcode ID) as Superdrug do not provide this. You will also be required to take photographic ID to confirm you are the person who made the booking.
Please ensure the components in your test kit are kept sealed prior to the appointment to ensure they are sterile.
HOW TO BOOK THE TEST
To book your appointment please call Superdrug’s Service Line on 03333 111007 or
You can find your nearest clinic by adding your postcode, click on the clinic closest to you to book online.
Booking by phone:
If booking by telephone, please advise the agent that you wish to book a venous blood draw with a blood test kit provided by Omnos. They will offer you options for availability and you may be asked to provide them with the barcode ID from your Omnos test so please have this to hand.
- Select Book An Appointment
- Select your preferred Superdrug Clinic
- Scroll down to Venous Sample Collection and choose “Pre-paid venous sample collection”. If this option is not available please look at alternative location or contact email@example.com for advice
- Select a date and time that suits from the availability shown
- Complete your Contact Information (or skip to step 7 if you have already completed this)
- Confirm your email address via the automatic email sent from Superdrug
- Click on the blue box that says Venous sample collection and select Omnos from the list of providers (you may need to scroll to the right to see Omnos depending on your browser window)
- Click on Confirm Booking.
VIEWING YOUR RESULTS
Once your sample has been processed you will receive an email confirming your results are ready to be viewed on your account. This is usually within 3-5 days of the lab receiving the sample.
If there are any issues with your sample we will be in touch.
Q. Do I need to stop taking medicines /supplements to take the blood test?
A. For the most accurate results you should refrain from taking any supplements 48 hrs prior to taking the test.
If you are on prescription medication we do not make any recommendation other than to check with your own doctor.